Tuesday 17 July 2012

Estee Lauder: Perfectly Clean Fresh Balancing Lotion

On my way back to London a couple of weekends ago I dropped off at the Bicester Outlet Village and ended up leaving with a few Estee Lauder goodies! Bicester is now like a guilty pleasure for me as we always pass it on the way back to London!

I've been yearning to try out a new skincare range for some time, and initially I wanted to buy their 'Sparkly Clean Mattifying Oil Control Lotion' but when I saw the Estee Lauder 'Perfectly Clean Fresh Balancing Lotion', I thought why not? It cost £15.00 (RRP £20) which is like duty free price right?




First Thoughts...

I've been using it for over two weeks now and my first thoughts? It is strongly scented compared to other toners I have used, however this did not bother me too much. When applied, I felt a slight 'tingle' which was strange as it claims to be 'alcohol free' but I guess it is the 'menthol' within the ingredients that produced this sensation.

My Experience...

One of the main problems I found with this toner, was that it appeared to break me out. After a few days, I noticed a few new blemishes around the t-zone areas. To begin was, I was adamant it couldn't be my new toner.....but my make-up routines have stayed the same and the only change was the addition of this toner. I also noticed more shine on my face throughout the day after using this in the morning, having to powder more often =(

Overall...

I am disappointed as I expected great things from this to replace my HG Clinique toners that have been using since I was a teenager! I have to admit, my Clinique skincare range is always my fall-back brand as it never seems to fail me, I just wanted to try something different I guess!

You know what they say, once you hit your mid-20's, you really need to start looking after your skin! Well I am going to continue with the toner and see how it goes...I've still got a full bottle to get through!

I also picked up this amazing 'Pure colour' eyeshadow duo in 'Platinums' for £15 approximately. I have been searching for a all-over white shadow for a base, and taupe eyeshadow for ages and have been considering the Mac Satin Taupe, however felt that the shade was slightly darker than what I wanted.




This shade was perfect, with high pigmentation which lasted all day - and the packaging was gorgeous!
I am such a sucker for beautiful packaging, especially if it's gold too =) I would of done a swatch of the shades but I'm still so tanned from Valencia that the colours did not pick up so great at the mo...oops!

Hope you enjoyed the post all, see you all soon xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment