Tuesday 3 July 2012

Moroccan Oil




Moroccan oil or Argan oil also known as 'liquid gold' has taken the beauty industry by storm, as not only does it reduce breakages, controls frizzy hair, it leaves hair superbly shiny and looking very healthy with it's great moisturising features. Originating from Southwest Morocco, the oil is extracted from the argan tree, which is a labour-intensive process making it a pricey product.


The first time I ever used this was during a visit to the salon. They applied a few drops to my hair and after it was blow-dried, I noticed how my hair was extremely glossy, nourished and felt oh so soft! I have been deciding between this and the Kerastase Elixir for quite some time, but the results at the salon helped confirm my choice! It took me a while to finally pick up the product due to it's price...£30.45 for 100ml. I finally fell for it and picked this up a couple of weeks ago from HQhair.com and have been using it religiously ever since.

The beauty of the oil is that a little goes a long way. I usually apply one pump onto damp hair that has just been washed and then I would blow-dry as normal - the results really are amazing! I absolutely love the smell and the non-greasiness of the product once applied onto the hair. I've now been using it everyday for the past 2 weeks and the bottle still looks so full!





Argan oil is also great to fight wrinkles due to it containing essential fatty acids and compounds that help rejuvenate and heal the skin which reduces wrinkles. With it's concentrated amount of fatty acids, it also makes a great moisturiser, softening dry cracked skin. I also used it as cuticle oil and left it overnight. My cuticles were really soft and I found that it helped strengthen my usually very weak nails!

Even though it is pricey, it is not your typical hair product, but a multi-purpose item that will last for a very long time. I think I have found my new HG product!  =)

Hope you enjoyed the post, until next time, take care <3


No comments:

Post a Comment